Story submissions for Tunnel Tales have no set parameters of theme or form. As long as your story or poem or filk or screenplay fits within the the “Classic” BatB Universe, you may submit it. (See the Definitions of Content list below.) Length is up to you. You may submit steamy stories.
If you can dream it, begin it! Then send it to Tunnel Tales for posting when it’s finished.
The following general guidelines apply to all submissions:
1. Since CABB is a Classic organization, your stories must include only Classic content and themes.
2. Please submit only fully edited stories. If you need help finding an editor, let us know and we will connect you with someone who will be glad to help. Your stories will be edited at CABB only for mechanics (e.g., grammar, punctuation, spelling, format, etc.)
3. Any BatB fanfic sub-genre is fine, including but not limited to Classic, Continuing Classic, Alternate Universe, SND, Cross-over, etc. Please specify the sub-genre of your story. See below for additional information about various sub-genres.
4. Please submit your work as a Word Doc in the following format: Times New Roman 14-point font; single-spaced with one line break between paragraphs; block paragraphs (do not indent); no page numbers.
5. Be sure to include a title and your preferred author name; i.e., Title by Author Name.
6. Ratings accepted: G to Strong R. Please specify the rating of your story.
7. Send any artwork you want included in your story as an attachment to your submission email in .jpg or .png form. Specify where you want the artwork to be placed (e.g., before, after, somewhere within the text.)
8. Readers will have the option to leave comments on your story. Please indicate if you would like your email address to be made available to readers as well. (Some readers might prefer to message you directly.)
9. Any questions and all submissions (Challenges and Tunnel Tales) should be sent to Linda SB (Barth) at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Have fun!!
Definitions of Content for BatB FanFic Sub-Genres
Classic: Takes place before or within First and/or Second Seasons.
Continuing Classic: Takes place after Second Season and assumes Third Season never happened; explores a Classic Third Season and beyond.
SND: Resolves Third Season and moves beyond; Catherine is alive and well.
Alternate Universe: Takes place in another time and place but adheres to Classic themes.
Cross-Over: Classic characters interact with characters from another story, show, or universe.
Backstories: Explores history of any Classic characters.