Schedule and Guidelines
There will be four major Challenges at specific times, along with a few shorter ones – “mini challenges” – featured at other dates throughout the year.
The announcements (specific themes, guidelines, etc.) for all the Challenges will be posted here at CABB – New Chambers, on BBTV, and on Facebook.
Here’s our new schedule:
April 12 Challenge: The Challenge will be announced following WFOL; submissions will appear on CABB – New Chambers on April 12.
Summer Challenge: The Challenge will be announced in May (after submissions for the annual conzine have closed); submissions will be posted in late July.
September 25th Challenge: The Challenge will be announced in early August; submissions will be posted on September 25.
WFOL Challenge: The Challenge will be announced in early December; submissions will be posted as a special contribution from CABB at WFOL in February.
Since reviving the CABB Challenges project over two years ago, it has been such a pleasure to receive a wonderful assortment of stories, poetry, and art from many amazingly creative people in our fandom. We hope you will be inspired to become a contributor soon!
To enjoy the most current Challenge collection, along with all the previous collections, just click on the appropriate links.
Please check in often for updates on the CABB Challenges! If you have any questions, please contact Linda SB at email@example.com
Each CABB Challenge issued will have its own theme. Parameters of character inclusion, genre, form, and word count may be specified. You should submit stories that conform to the particular project, but if the Challenge inspires you to write something off-theme, please send that story to Tunnel Tales!
The following general guidelines apply to all submissions:
1. Since CABB is a Classic organization, your stories must include only Classic content and themes.
2. Please submit only fully edited stories. If you need help finding an editor, let us know and we will connect you with someone who will be glad to help. Your stories will be edited at CABB only for mechanics (e.g., grammar, punctuation, spelling, format, etc.)
3. Any BatB fanfic sub-genre is fine, including but not limited to Classic, Continuing Classic, Alternate Universe, SND, Cross-over, etc. Please specify the sub-genre of your story. See below for additional information about various sub-genres.
4. Please submit your work as a Word Doc in the following format: Times New Roman 14-point font; single-spaced with one line break between paragraphs; block paragraphs (do not indent); no page numbers.
5. Be sure to include a title and your preferred author name; i.e., Title by Author Name.
6. Ratings accepted: G to Strong R. Please specify the rating of your story.
7. Send any artwork you want included in your story as an attachment to your submission email in .jpg or .png form. Specify where you want the artwork to be placed (e.g., before, after, somewhere within the text.)
8. Readers will have the option to leave comments on your story. Please indicate if you would like your email address to be made available to readers as well. (Some readers might prefer to message you directly.)
9. Any questions and all submissions (Challenges and Tunnel Tales) should be sent to Linda SB (Barth) at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Have fun!!
Definitions of Content for BatB FanFic Sub-Genres
Classic: Takes place before or within First and/or Second Seasons.
Continuing Classic: Takes place after Second Season and assumes Third Season never happened; explores a Classic Third Season and beyond.
SND: Resolves Third Season and moves beyond; Catherine is alive and well.
Alternate Universe: Takes place in another time and place but adheres to Classic themes.
Cross-Over: Classic characters interact with characters from another story, show, or universe.
Backstories: Explores history of any Classic characters.